HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Share | 

ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm liking the thinking, a woman talking about travel from a female prospective.

My wife wasn't keen on coming to the show but now hopefully she may be tempted.

Keep up the good work clapping

Defender 300TDI - 110

www.4x4eurotours.com
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:54 am

Funny you should mention that because I've just had another offer of help from someone very well repected within the overland community. Okay, we're talking bikes here and not 4x4's, but the principal is the same - coping on the road with all the joys, hardships and challenges that go to make up that all-encompassing term 'adventure travel'.

Her name is Lois Pryce, her website is www.loisontheloose.com

Hopefully your better half will now be doubly tempted!

A quick edit to this post as I've just had yet more vehicles book in for the Vehicle Display. Have a butchers - www.adventureoverlandshow.com/#/vehicle-display/4557708236 I tell you, it's looking good. cheers

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:46 am

LATEST UPDATE:

Okay, here's the latest attraction at the show ...

Were you aware that Whilton Mill is an internationally acclaimed karting centre that boasts two outdoor karting circuits? Well, I have decided to utilise the tracks as part of the ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW.

To this end, an enduro kart race will be held evening of Saturday 6th October 2012 to establish the first ever “ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW - Enduro Karting Champions”.

The format is simple –

Featuring teams entered from participating clubs and traders at ADVENTURE OVERLAND, after the show officially closes for the day at 18:00 hrs Saturday afternoon, a 20 min. practice session begins on the nursery Mill Circuit, then at 19:00 hrs. up to 20 teams (comprising of 4 drivers per team) will take part in a floodlit 2 hour enduro race on the National Circuit. The winners will be presented with an engraved, ongoing perpetual trophy to be kept by the winning team at their workplace or clubhouse for the following 12 months.

This being the case, I suggest this forum enters a team.

Entry fee is £200 per team, that’s just £50 per person (four drivers are mandatory per team). Thanks to Whilton Mill Karting, this special show fee is 50% off the standard ‘public price’. Each driver will have 20 minutes practice on the nursery circuit, plus the 2 hours racing divided up equally.

The karts are Biz twin-engine 160cc pro-karts. All race overalls and safety gear supplied.

Telemetry - Computerised results analysing your driving performance will be issued at the end of your session. Similar to the printouts a Formula 1 driver will look over after every practice session, this is designed to help improve lap times.

Spectator areas will be available for club mates, friends and family.

It should be noted, the Organisers of ADVENTURE OVERLAND make no profit from the race, it is purely provided as a novel additional attraction for the visitors and participants of the show.

Anyone on here interested in forming a team? First come first served for the 'A Team', but should we have more than 4 people interested, there is nothing to stop us entering more than one team.

Me, I'm first to throw my hat in the ring (you really think I'm gonna miss out on such a great opportunity? NO CHANCE). Next ...

Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Hello,
i think free spirit could gather a team, at our Christmas party last year we had go karting over in Grantham which turned out to be quite entertaining to say the least!, i will send a group mail out, however im not sure the a team would be the correct name.

Cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
http://www.freespirit4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:19 am

As a company or a club you can call yourselves whatever you like - the Freespirit Flyers or the Freespirit Follies, your call.

For teams made up of individual members from the forum, we could have:-

4x4 Overland Travel Forum - A Team
4x4 Overland Travel Forum - B Team
4x4 Overland Travel Forum - C Team

Hardly inventive, but I really can't think or anything else right now. Any better ideas?

Terrain Master
Terrain Master

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:46 am

How about

overland runners A

overland over 60s B
I will put my name down for that.

sure some else can name anouther if needed. clinking teacups

http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:31 am

do we pay on the day for the go karting? currently its looking good for team Free Spirit 4x4
Cheers kieran

Free Spirit 4x4
4x4 Adventures & Holidays

www.freespirit4x4.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.freespirit4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:19 am

freespirit4x4 wrote:
do we pay on the day for the go karting? currently its looking good for team Free Spirit 4x4
Cheers kieran
Good point. I would suggest that 50% up front is the way to go, with the balance POTD. Especially as I'll be dealing with clubs and individuals I don't know, this way they will be a lot more committed. Hold fire for now, I will find out from Whilton Mill themselves about payments. That's given me a shove to sort it out - ta!

Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 pm

ok been looking at ferry fares today,,,, Laughing think i will go from santandare to plymouth,,,,,quickest and shortest,,,, Rolling Eyes

come over on the wed 3rd arrive on the 4th,,,,,

ok have to get my act together,,,,, doh

you can find me in the hammock or spannering on the 101 and if im not there then i dont know where i am...................

http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:37 am

Are you going to have a Trade Stand after all? I ask because the pitches are running out fast and the way we're going, I reckon before too long the trade area will be totally full. Not BS ... fact! I'll email you the latest Trade Stand Plan and you'll see what I mean.

Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:11 am

wideformat4x4 wrote:
I'm liking the thinking, a woman talking about travel from a female prospective.

My wife wasn't keen on coming to the show but now hopefully she may be tempted.

Keep up the good work clapping

Hey wideformat - what do you think would interest your wife in a talk from a female perspective? This sort of adventure doesn't feel new or unusual to me (although I haven't exactly done one before), so any guidance on topics that would encourage other ladies to give it a try would be welcome!!

Tom - great job! The show is looking awesome!!

kind regards
African GirlChild
aka Sheelah

Blog: www.kapp2cape-blog.net
Overland from Nordkapp to Cape Agulhas
The adventure begins in October 2012!
Departure: Adventure Overland Show, 7th October 2012
Back to top Go down
http://www.kapp2cape.net
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Thanks. I'm really pleased as somehow I've managed to strike a happy balance between professionals (traders) and amateur enthusiasts who have quite literally been there and done it.

Another nice thing is that the showground area is compact, not sprawling so you have to walk miles just because the organiser is trying to kid everyone into thinking it's twice the size of their rivals. I'm genuinely delighted with how it has gone. In fact, it has been so well supported, I already know this inaugural event will be the first of many more to come - so thank you one and all for your input to date. I've said all along that I intended ADVENTURE OVERLAND to be an event for 'us', it will be!!! clapping

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:37 am

LATEST UPDATE:

I’ve now added a Provisional Itinerary to the Seminar Sessions page on the website – see www.adventureoverlandshow.com/#/seminars/4566635376

Comments, constructive criticism welcome. thumbsup

Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:46 am

you missed me out tom,,,,,
angry

you can find me in the hammock or spannering on the 101 and if im not there then i dont know where i am...................

Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:55 am

Am sure I saw a trade stand in you name, tugs 4x4

clinking teacups

http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
GirlChild
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:28 am

Tom Mc wrote:
LATEST UPDATE:

I’ve now added a Provisional Itinerary to the Seminar Sessions page on the website – see www.adventureoverlandshow.com/#/seminars/4566635376

Comments, constructive criticism welcome. thumbsup

Random thought:
Vince's talk on "how to film your overland adventure" rekindled a thought I had: Have you considered filming all the seminar talks? I am sure there would be hugely valuable information that it would be a shame to not capture it?

(We are planning on filming ours to maybe use on our website or potentially in a documentary we'll be creating after listening to Vince's talk thumbsup )

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Great idea ... for the amateurs at least. Not entirely certain if the professionals would be as happy, given they get paid as Speakers at a host of functions so wouldn't want their most precious asset - their knowledge - to be distributed without control or regulation.

Could be wrong, has been known in the past, although I really can't remember when? Rolling Eyes

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:39 pm

tuggy wrote:
you missed me out tom,,,,,
angry
I did. Embarassed Great idea, do you fancy giving a 1hr talk on Friday night after Toby Savage? Bearing in mind that he's bound to have a Q&A session after his talk, your slot would be 21:30 - 22:30

Don't forget that Friday night will see the real enthusiasts there, so you would have an eager audience. Besides, by then the beer will be flowing, so it'll make it even funnier.

Just wondering what the title of your talk would be, how about ... " Off-Road Memories From Cannock to Casablanca" by Kevin 'Tuggy' Cardno of Tug's4x4.com

www.adventureoverlandshow.com/#/seminars/4566635376

Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:21 pm

yea go on,,,should be fun,,,,,,few beers and a chat,,,,,,,sounds like a plan,,,, cheers1

Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:24 pm

roamingman wrote:
Am sure I saw a trade stand in you name, tugs 4x4

clinking teacups

as i am quite busy with other things just now and for the next month i am going to have to fly over and hire a car,,,just quicker,cheaper and more flexable,,,,,so not really able to have a trade stand,,,,, scratching chin

Back to top Go down
GirlChild
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:14 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Great idea ... for the amateurs at least. Not entirely certain if the professionals would be as happy

Embarassed Good point.

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:27 am

tuggy wrote:
yea go on,,,should be fun,,,,,,few beers and a chat,,,,,,,sounds like a plan,,,, cheers1
Think it will, something different.

Tell you what, folk that attend Land Rover and 4x4 shows in the UK are always bleating on about the fact that "it's the same old trade stands at shows, nothing different" (with justification as it happens). Well, they won't be saying it of ADVENTURE OVERLAND. I'm delighted to say there will be loads of different stuff to see, way beyond the norm for 4x4 events. The fact there will be bikes and bushcraft there will certainly help, but even the 4x4 traders are bringing different gear with them. Looking forward to it myself!!! cheers

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Tuggy - You've finally got your name lit up in lights! thumbsup See www.adventureoverlandshow.com/#/seminars/4566635376

Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:35 pm

dude your a star,,,,, clapping clapping

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:24 am

UPDATE:

The itinerary for the "Been There, Done It" Seminar Sessions is now complete:- www.adventureoverlandshow.com/#/seminars/4566635376

Although I say so myself ... it's looking pretty damn good!

Also the Bushcraft Activities Area is almost complete, certainly the bulk of it is ready:-
www.adventureoverlandshow.com/#/bushcraft/4568303191

I am delighted with this too, when you read it you'll know why.

Last but not least, the Trade Stands have gone so well, all the grass areas are now completely full. In fact with yet more traders knocking on the door, I've had to go back to the venue, have a good measure up (for the fifth time) and create another area on hard-standing.

Yet, despite the expansion, it is still a compact showground. Hate it at shows when you have to walk around vast expanses getting from A to B, knowing full well that the organiser has blatantly spread the exhibits just to make the event look larger than it really is. Everything is close by and accessible at Whilton Mill, that's one of the main reasons I went for it in the first place.

Happy days! cheers

PostSubject: Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012   

Back to top Go down

ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW: 6-7 October 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next