HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Share | 

Hi from sunny Oxfordshire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept

PostSubject: Hi from sunny Oxfordshire   Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Hi All

I used to own a SJ410 way back in the early 90's and had great fun on the Ridgeway when you could drive on it.
But times changed and so did jobs, I sold the jeep to buy a sensible car for work, family etc.

But now I have the bug again and am looking at taking part in this year's Landy (ish) Rally in my 1996 Vauxhall Frontera sport.

So any help or advice will be greatly appreciate except for "you should have bought a Land Rover"

Rgds Gary (wideformat4x4) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi from sunny Oxfordshire   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:28 am

wideformat4x4 wrote:
Hi All

I used to own a SJ410 way back in the early 90's and had great fun on the Ridgeway when you could drive on it.
But times changed and so did jobs, I sold the jeep to buy a sensible car for work, family etc.

But now I have the bug again and am looking at taking part in this year's Landy (ish) Rally in my 1996 Vauxhall Frontera sport.

So any help or advice will be greatly appreciate except for "you should have bought a Land Rover"

Welcome Very Happy

Glad to see another "non-Landie" owner. Laughing

Hyundai Terracan 2.9CRDI Auto
Mazda BT50 2.5TDI
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master

PostSubject: Re: Hi from sunny Oxfordshire   Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:06 am

Hi and welcome, clad to here you will be coming on the Landy Rally, we did it for the fist time last year, and as we are a cluten for punishment going again this year so are you one of thease cheers1 or one of thease clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights

PostSubject: Re: Hi from sunny Oxfordshire   Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:55 am

wideformat4x4 wrote:
Hi All

Hi there,,i have a fronty sport and its going to morocco next month,,,,i love it ,,,,its my third one,,,,, :shock: affraid cheers cheers Cool Cool

you can find me in the hammock or spannering on the 101 and if im not there then i dont know where i am...................

http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4

Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept

PostSubject: Re: Hi from sunny Oxfordshire   Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:59 am

roamingman wrote:
Hi and welcome, clad to here you will be coming on the Landy Rally, we did it for the fist time last year, and as we are a cluten for punishment going again this year so are you one of thease cheers1 or one of thease clinking teacups

clinking teacups before about 10.30am then it's cheers1 all the way Very Happy

Thanks for the welcome, we will try not to disappoint
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept

PostSubject: Re: Hi from sunny Oxfordshire   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:01 am

tuggy wrote:
wideformat4x4 wrote:
Hi All

Hi there,,i have a fronty sport and its going to morocco next month,,,,i love it ,,,,its my third one,,,,, :shock: affraid cheers cheers Cool Cool

Thanks for the welcome I think Iv'e seen you on the FOG website cheers1
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Hi from sunny Oxfordshire   Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi Gary, welcome to the nut house! cheers

Have you heard about the Landy Rally bash coming up this weekend? We’re meeting up Friday night and going for a meal at an Indian restaurant in Mansfield, then back to the Travelodge in Alfreton for an early night (yeah right!!!) then ‘laning Saturday in the beautiful rolling hills if Derbyshire, a BIG blow out and party Saturday night, and to top it all off a Treasure Hunt on lanes of course on Sunday.

Why not join us? That invitation BTW goes out to anyone on this forum. Incidentally one of our crowd has a Fronty as well, he’ll be there. We’ve even got the Dutch lads coming over in what we call the ‘Dutch Barge’ – a Defender 132 … yep, not a misprint, a 132!
Worth considering, it going to be a great weekend! cheers1

Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept

PostSubject: Re: Hi from sunny Oxfordshire   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Hi Gary, welcome to the nut house! cheers

Have you heard about the Landy Rally bash coming up this weekend? We’re meeting up Friday night and going for a meal at an Indian restaurant in Mansfield, then back to the Travelodge in Alfreton for an early night (yeah right!!!) then ‘laning Saturday in the beautiful rolling hills if Derbyshire, a BIG blow out and party Saturday night, and to top it all off a Treasure Hunt on lanes of course on Sunday.

Why not join us? That invitation BTW goes out to anyone on this forum. Incidentally one of our crowd has a Fronty as well, he’ll be there. We’ve even got the Dutch lads coming over in what we call the ‘Dutch Barge’ – a Defender 132 … yep, not a misprint, a 132!
Worth considering, it going to be a great weekend! cheers1

Hi Tom
Thanks for the invite, sorry I won't be able to make this one as I am off ill at the moment and it makes driving a little dodgy
Rgds Gary Sad

Defender 300TDI - 110

www.4x4eurotours.com
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights

PostSubject: Re: Hi from sunny Oxfordshire   Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:44 am

yea im on fog now and then,,,,, bounce bounce bounce bounce

you can find me in the hammock or spannering on the 101 and if im not there then i dont know where i am...................

Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept

PostSubject: Keep us updated   Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:28 pm

tuggy wrote:
yea im on fog now and then,,,,, bounce bounce bounce bounce

Keep us updated on your Morocco trip, I for one would love to know how you get on in the Frontera.

It's something Iv'e wanted to do for a while now but my wife isn't interested, hence I'm looking to do the Landy (ish) Rally with some mates I know it's not the same as doing all the preparation and route planning yourself.

Half the fun of a Morocco trip would be sitting down with the wife a beer and a fruit based drink for the lady and working out routes ferry costs etc.

We did it last year with a trip through France with her sister in the ML again not very extreme but good fun all the same.
The girls loved the local markets in the small rural towns and villages the cheap wine and days on the beach, I just loved the fact I was away from work in the sun cheers1

Defender 300TDI - 110

www.4x4eurotours.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from sunny Oxfordshire   

Back to top Go down

Hi from sunny Oxfordshire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1