HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Share | 

Patrol 3.3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamesfuller
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Patrol 3.3   Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:45 am

Recently I have been pondering a return to Africa. I also have a few friends to visit in Eastern Europe that might as well be turned into a road trip.

I decided to rule out small turbo diesels and therefore a majority of 70 series Cruisers where instantly removed from my watch list.

After lots more thinking, browsing and generally annoying the other half whom has to listen to every thought I think of out loud, the criteria was a simple 6 cylinder, leaf sprung vehicle with lots of room and a comfortable interior.

So basically a 2H powered 60 series Cruiser or an SD33 powered Patrol.

I have already owned the Toyota, and have wanted a Patrol since i was a schoolboy.

Anyway, before you know it, I own a Nissan that is only 5 years newer than myself.

Back to top Go down
jamesfuller
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Patrol 3.3   Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:01 am

I need to go right through it with a thorough service, but the basics are all there and it is nice and solid.

I have a set of original steel wheels with it too, plus also several other sets of 16 inch steel wheels so tyre choice can be tailored to the trip in question.

Hannibal still make a roof rack to fit these, which makes me happy as they are my favourite rack, and a lot of my other stuff is Hannibal.

Aside from fittings for all my storage and stuff, and the servicing and preventative maintenance, I just need to do stuff like re-make the exhaust, as someone has made one for it but its very low so needs to be tucked well up out of harms way.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master

PostSubject: Re: Patrol 3.3   Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:02 am

Looks good more photos as work progress please  clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
jamesfuller
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Patrol 3.3   Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:09 am

roamingman wrote:
Looks good more photos as work progress please  clinking teacups

Cheers, will do.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Patrol 3.3   Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:52 am

Blimey, that's straight motor!

Welcome to the forum BTW! cheers

Asit happens, there's a guy who's displaying his Patrol at the Adventure Overland Show coming up soon, he's got to be worth chatting to!

From his email:-

It’s a Nissan Patrol Mk/MQ series, which is fairly unusual in the UK, but we’ve started doing a camper conversion. The lower part of the conversion is virtually done and usable. We are currently saving to get the roof done, which will be a bespoke aluminium elevating roof system with bed in the roof. At present, we use a CVRT bivvy next to the vehicle to sleep in!

Think that's the same model as yours. See, you (and him) are not unique after all.

Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Patrol 3.3   Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Blimey, that's straight motor!

Welcome to the forum BTW! cheers

Asit happens, there's a guy who's displaying his Patrol at the Adventure Overland Show coming up soon, he's got to be worth chatting to!

From his email:-

It’s a Nissan Patrol Mk/MQ series, which is fairly unusual in the UK, but we’ve started doing a camper conversion. The lower part of the conversion is virtually done and usable. We are currently saving to get the roof done, which will be a bespoke aluminium elevating roof system with bed in the roof. At present, we use a CVRT bivvy next to the vehicle to sleep in!

Think that's the same model as yours. See, you (and him) are not unique after all.

MK/MQ are the same yes. Where and when is the show? And thanks, it is a straight car. it has had some repairs, some better than others, but all are good enough to not cause any issues. It has attracted the odd compliment and it has also been used for filming by a big studio. Wont say which film yet in case they don't use that part.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Patrol 3.3   Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:38 am

Easy - www.adventureoverlandshow.net

Whereabouts in the country are you?

Articulating
Articulating

PostSubject: Re: Patrol 3.3   Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:53 pm

I am sure I have see more than a few of those bumping around in Africa, so parts should be relatively easy to come by. Will make a great overlanding vehicle. I look forward to hearing more about it.

PostSubject: Re: Patrol 3.3   

Back to top Go down

Patrol 3.3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1