HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Share | 

Just dropped in to say Hi.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sundowners
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4

PostSubject: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:31 am

Hi
we have been in the Land Rover world for some years, and now run a Dodge 3500 4x4 truck with the 5.9 Cummins motor, and de-mountable camper.
We bought the truck in Texas and the camper in Oklahoma-----with this outfit we have done the whole of Route 66, and crossed the Arctic Circle in Alaska---------we have just returned from a trip to Northern Norway/Sweden and Finland-------we don't expect to go far beyond Europe now.
Sundowners

Last edited by sundowners on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SafariDude
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:43 am

Hi Sundowners - welcome to one of the friendliest forums on the web thumbsup 

Would love to see some of your pics from what sound like amazing trips ! Make us jealous with pics of your truck too Smile 

Qualified Safari Guide
Back to top Go down
http://www.alternativeafricanadventures.co.uk/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:44 am

Hi Sundowners, an official welcome from yours truly! cheers 

Now let me see, who do I know with a Dodge 3500 4x4 truck with the 5.9 Cummins motor and de-mountable camper? Mmmmm, that's a hard one. Will you be at Billing BTW? If nothing else you'll meet up with some old faces (some older than others!!!) and it's be an excuse to have a sherbet or three.  

Nearly forgot, for most the forrum software doesn't allow you to post photos or URL's until half a dozen or so posts, so you'll have to be patient. That said, I've seen newbies post photos instantly. Obviously know their way around a PC ... that's you snookered then! Razz 

Terrain Master
Terrain Master

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:35 am

Hi and welcome, clinking teacups 

be nice to read about your travels.
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
sundowners
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:45 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Hi Sundowners, an official welcome from yours truly! cheers 

Now let me see, who do I know with a Dodge 3500 4x4 truck with the 5.9 Cummins motor and de-mountable camper? Mmmmm, that's a hard one. Will you be at Billing BTW? If nothing else you'll meet up with some old faces (some older than others!!!) and it's be an excuse to have a sherbet or three.  

Nearly forgot, for most the forrum software doesn't allow you to post photos or URL's until half a dozen or so posts, so you'll have to be patient. That said, I've seen newbies post photos instantly. Obviously know their way around a PC ... that's you snookered then! Razz 

hi Tom
we have not been to a Landy event for years-----we have come across some 'old' faces in other worlds.
We have been more involved in the motorhome/RV circuit.--------Now just on the edge of it, getting a bit 'same old-same old'Crying or Very sad ----now creeping into the travelling world-----not that travelling is new to us:lol:------we just have more time for it now--- one advantage of getting old---and enjoy travelling with our outfit:D so exploring more of Europe-------will re-visit Maroc this winter if things allow, but we love to spend time in Portugal in the winter------we used to spend a lot of time there before we got heavily involved in Land Rovers:D 

It will be great to catch-up when we meet-up in Sept.

Nigel & Pamala-----------Sundowners  
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:22 am

I still haven't made it to Portugal (broke down on the way there last time), then again I have still got to tick off the Sierra Nevada mountains in SE Spain. Hopefully soon.

Yep, we'll meet up soon, got some catching up to do!

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   

Back to top Go down

Just dropped in to say Hi.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1